Facebook Pinterest Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Blog Lovin' Image Map

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Tech Tools: Popplet

Tech Tools is a series where I highlight an app or website I'm currently using in my classroom. All apps or sites are free at the time the blog is published. (They may include an upgrade option). I am not affiliated with any of these apps or sites - just a fan from using them myself!

Techie Level: Beginner

App or Web: App (iOS) with web option

What is it? Popplet is a mind mapping app. It is a great tool for brainstorming and allows students to add text or images.

How have I used it? I especially like using Popplet to have students compare concepts using a "Double Bubble" thinking map, which is a lot like a venn diagram. I'm including a picture below of a student's comparison of mixtures and solutions

Student example:

Want to know more? Check out Popplet's site for more info., a demo and a link to download.

What do you think? Comment below and tell me how you've used this app before or how you plan to try it out in your class!
This blog series highlights FREE apps and sites to use in your upper elementary classroom. Perfect for teachers trying to find meaningful ways to integrate technology and take student thinking to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment