Facebook Pinterest Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Blog Lovin' Image Map

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Digital Number Lines & Rounding

This week my kids are learning to round large numbers. I really want them to understand rounding and not just memorize tricks. In the past I would teach my kids a poem, and while they could round, they didn't really understand why.

Since my classroom is digital, I'm always looking for ways to use our ipads for our math workshop activities.

I found this *free* app called Number Line.


My kids are going to use this app to practice rounding some larger numbers. They'll take screen shots of each number they round and then put them together in pic collage. I made a video to show them how they'll be using the app for the activity.

Check it out:



Here's an example of one of my student's finished products:


How do you teach your kids rounding?

No comments:

Post a Comment