Facebook Pinterest Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Blog Lovin' Image Map

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Using Blendpsace in your Classroom

I'm linking up with Techie Turtle for Tech Tip Tuesday!


This post is all about how to use blendspace in your digital classroom!

How to use blendspace in your digital classroom

One of my favorite tech tools in my digital classroom is the website Blendspace. I use this website to organize activities for my kids to complete during math workshop. My favorite things about this website are:

  • It's web based so you can use it with any device.
  • It's visually pleasing.
  • It helps kids stay focused on the tasks by ordering them.
  • You can input a variety of media types.
  • It's free!
I created a youtube video showing how to use the website in your classroom. You can check it out here.

When you create a *Free* account with blendspace, your home screen will look like this:
Using blendspace in your digital classroom

You can browse the gallery for lessons that have already been created.
Using blendspace in your digital classroom

When you find a lesson you like, you can make a copy. You'll be able to edit the lesson, so it's okay if you only like part of it. 
Using blendspace in your digital classroom

Using blendspace in your digital classroom

You can also create original lessons by clicking on "New Lesson" from the home screen. 
Using blendspace in your digital classroom
You can add lots of different things to your blendspace. My favorites are youtube videos, practice problems or games from different websites, google docs with instructions and pictures for foldables or hands-on activities, and quizzes. 

Once you're finished, you click share and you'll have a link that you can send to your students. 
Using blendspace in your digital classroom

Have you used Blendspace in your classroom? If so, I'd love to hear about it in the comments!

Check out my FREEBIE on Teachers Pay Teachers that includes the resources and a link to a blendspace I used in my classroom on Comparing Decimals.

No comments:

Post a Comment