Facebook Pinterest Instagram Teachers Pay Teachers Blog Lovin' Image Map

Sunday, September 1, 2019

Math Workshop: Wrapping Up with Exit Tickets

A critical, but often overlooked part of math workshop is the closing activity. Sometimes we (me + the kids) get so caught up in the activities or our small groups that we end up hurried to clean up and move onto the next part of the day. 

However - this closing part is a necessary part of math workshop so I use a lot of timers to ensure we have enough time for a quick wrap up - just 5 minutes is enough. 

One of my favorite ways to wrap up math workshop is with a quick formative assessment, or “exit ticket” over the skill they were practicing. I love to do this using white boards, dry erase markers, and Google Classroom. Check out this video to see how I used this method during our long division unit: 

No comments:

Post a Comment